Monday, May 3, 2010

It's a girl!! A robot girl!!


We all had a great time watching Tessa struggle with her little baby this weekend. Fortunately, she was able to turn it back in on Monday. For her Child Development class on Friday she was issued a little baby with a computer chip inside that would cause it to randomly cry. When it did she would have 60 seconds to "tend" to it (put a little key in the back and hold it in). If she didn't tend to her little baby the chip would record her neglect for her class grade.
You could hear it cry during the night (oh, the good memories that brought back). When I went to take a shower early on Sunday morning I could hear it crying--hee, hee, I didn't have to do anything with it. This must be how a grandparent feels. Oh, at church, Tessa sat in the lobby the whole time in case the baby made a noise. I think she secretly had a good time with this so I hope the lesson learned wasn't how much fun it is to take care of a baby, but rather, what a great responsibility it is to fully take care of a little baby.

5 comments:

Lindsay Quinney said...

Wouldn't it be nice if it only took two seconds to make a baby stop crying.

Lelani said...

or if babies came with a key? :-) I bet it was a good experience, especially in the middle of the night.

Janelle said...

Wow, Union Middle sure is going all out. When my friends were in Child Dev at Brighton in '95 they had to carry around 5 pound bags of sugar,,,, that's not even an assignment!! they had to put diapers on them and dress them.... I like the technology they have to really put the teens through the ringer in the middle of the night.

Grandma H. said...

What an unusal experience - the night crying really made me smile. However, getting them to stop crying is not that easy. That is where the stress comes in and you wonder it you will ever sleep again.

Sheila said...

Wow! That's a crazy assignment. Just remember that you really can't stop a baby from crying with a key. It takes work and sometimes you just don't know how to make them stop. That'd be cool if all newborns came with a key!