
Whoa, back it up there! Is it really Madeleine's 16th birthday? How did we get to this point in life? For her birthday on Tuesday Kristin took Madeleine and her friends to Hires for an after school "snack" of cheese fries and milk shakes then up to Woods Cross to watch the Hillcrest High boys soccer state semi-finals. When we got home we had a birthday dinner of marinated chicken with a new recipe of corn, sweet potatoes, bacon, peppers with a balsamic maple glaze sauce. Interesting. It was fun to have Grandma Sue Johnson there to help celebrate the birthday, too. For dessert Madeleine had these cute ice cream cupcakes from Cold Stone that were pretty good.

We are proud of Madeleine and love to see her getting out there in her life, learning and trying new things. She is growing up to be a wonderful young woman and we are sure proud of her. We look forward to seeing what she does as she moves forward in her life. BTW, I guess we better get serious now about her driving practice hours.
7 comments:
What a fun day it sounds like! Doesn't get better than a little Hire's and hangin' with friends. Those cupcakes sure look tasty. Love the balloon hat.
Happy 16th Birthday! Let me know when I should stay off the road---
No way! I can't believe she's already 16!!! Tell her Alyssa Craig says Happy Birthday (if she still remembers me) :) She is so stinkin' cute! Good luck with all those boys you'll have trying to date her!!!
Happy Birthday, Madeleine! I'm so glad that we are friends! You are gorgeous and smart and totally funny! I absolutely adore you.
EEK! 16?? I remember holding her as a baby as she screamed (along with Tessa) when they saw a dog. any dog. ha ha ha happy birthday!!!!
Oh Madeleine! Hope you had a fun day. Sixteen is such a fun age. How many driving hours do you have to have in Utah? Dallin is still working on his. He can get his in Sept. Hopefully he'll be an eagle scout by then so he can get it!
Happy Birthday Madeleine! We are glad you had a great day! Can't wait to see you driving this summer.
Post a Comment