Monday, April 21, 2008

Dance Competition #2



Dance competition #2 took place this past weekend. It was at the Rose Wagner Theatre. It was a tougher competition than St. George but the girls still did very well. The stage was great at the theatre. Grandma Homer, Janelle, Kaitlyn and Kamyrn came Friday to see the girls trio and Tessa's solo. Madeleine and Tessa's trio took first place in their division (jazz) but also they won a 3rd place all-around award. That means out of all the duo/trio awards, no matter what kind of dance (jazz, ballet, tap, lyrical), they had the third highest score. They were very excited about the award because it is their first all-around award and there were some very good, big studios at this competition. Madeleine also got a second place award for her pointe solo, which was great. Tessa got a gold award for her jazz solo, she also did awesome. Their groups also all placed in the top three of their divisions. Samantha's group got a silver award but they were thrilled because they went against others who have been doing this along time. The pictures show the girls outside the theatre, Tessa before her solo and the girls on stage waiting for the awards to be announced. Their studio is on the right half way back. Next weekend is the Utah Dance Fest in Logan, the biggest competition in the state.

6 comments:

Janelle said...

oh boy, i just can't wait to see how they do in Logan. Such a fun time in their lives. I hope they remember the feelings they have while on stage. It was fun to be there and see the whole process!

Marilee said...

Amazing adventures for your dancers. Best of luck in Logan. You will WOW everyone! Marilee

susanna said...

I love this.....it makes me feel closer and part of all of the goings on. I will be anxious to hear how it all goes this weekend.

Gretchen said...

Congratulations girls, You are awsome!

Sheila said...

You're just incredible. Keep working hard and good luck this weekend. I can just imagine a huge theater filled with a bunch of energic, giggly girls. Too fun!

Aimee said...

Good luck in Logan! I am so jealous of your dancing ability. I have always wished I could dance. Tuscanee is starting early ... she loves to dance. Hopefully, she will keep up her dancing skills :)