Sunday, April 27, 2008

Utah Dance Fest


Samantha with her class and teacher.

Tessa with her 1st attendant trophy figurine.

Samantha is in the middle doing a heel stretch.
Their dance is to "Popular" from Wicked.



This weekend was the girl's last and biggest competition with 340 solos, 60 duets/trios, and over 400 group dances. We enjoyed being in Logan despite the freezing cold temperatures. On friday Madeleine's solo took 2nd attendant and Tessa's recieved 1st attendent in their repective divisions. Their trio recieved 2nd place in it's division. On Saturday Samantha's group got a gold and also a 2nd over all the other mini novice jazz. Madeleine and Tessa's Jazz got gold as did their ballet dance. Their tap recieved a gold and 3rd over all the Junior intermediate taps. But it also got the judge's choice award for the best tap of the whole day! Overall this has been a great competition season with lots of fun, and we can't wait until next year!

4 comments:

Janelle said...

I am so excited that all of the girls won awards and medals. I am so proud of them. Now what's next? Getting ready for the June 12th show? Anything else I can make it to?

Janelle said...

p.s. Look at that move Samantha!!!!!!!!!!! you go girl...

Sheila said...

You're all going to be famous someday and I can say, "Those are my cute nieces!" Wish we were there to see you in person. I hope you have a shelf long enough to hold all of your awards. When does little Kate get involved in all of this? What does McCoy and Benjamin do when this is all going on? Love the pictures--thanks for updating your blog so quickly after your big weekend! We love seeing what the Homers are up to!

Grandma H. said...

You girls are wonderful. Great talent and you certainly deserve those awards. I will be excited to see the show in June.
Samantha looked like a pro. the girl next to her is not looking up and smiling. Way to go