For Kate's beam routine she was able to chose to do either a jump dismount or a cartwheel dismount. Before we got to the meet she had chosen to just do a jump off. When she got to the meet all the kids were doing cart wheel dismounts. She got scared and the first time her name was called she went up crying because she thought she had to do a cart wheel, so they let her sit down again to wait. When they called her name again at the end she bravely went up and did her routine, I guess deciding to do a cartwheel anyways but ended up doing a one handed cart wheel off the beam instead.
posted by Kristin

2 comments:
Kate, way to go on your one handed cartwheel dismount off the beam. That had to be very scary and I'm sure your heart was pounding. It is scary to do something like that, but I am glad you thought about it and chose to do it. That takes a lot of courage!
WOW I do not think I would ever do anything like that. You are brave and learn to do things that would be scary for me.
Post a Comment