Saturday, July 26, 2008

Batman Again!

Well, I finally saw "The Dark Knight" with Kristin on Wednesday night. What a movie! I was blown away--great story, great writing, great acting, and great directing.

On Friday night Brad came by and took me out to eat at Hopper's and then we saw the movie again. At the end, Brad clapped and said, "that movie was awesome--now you can talk to me". Apparently I talk too much during the movie, whatever. I know it's not "Sleepless in Seattle" or "Parent Trap", but this is an amazing film. The themes it explores just add depth to the plot and action. And Heath Ledger's performance as the Joker is as deep a villain as any we've dealt with on film.

It is an intense ride with very provocative themes. If you want to sit back and explore the line separating good and evil, law and vigilantism, or chaos and order with all the shades of gray in between, then this is the movie.

See the movie trailer here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WaIR9dAZRR0

(I don't know how to put the video right on my blog post. Help me, Janelle)

7 comments:

Janelle said...

I can't wait to see the movie,,, someday. got babies here and all with no grandma's to watch them. Glad you saw it twice in two days... what a weirdo.

Kristin said...

It is true that Keith's talks a lot during movies. Sometimes I have to shush him so others around stop throwing popcorn at us.

Keith said...

Janelle, do you know how to post a youtube video right on the blog?

Keith

Janelle said...

K I'll call ya.

p.s. Craig is the ultimate talker during movies,,,, "shut up already!"

Keith said...

I agree with you Janelle. Craig would be standing up in the theater, pacing around, and yelling, "Ooh, what's gonna happen?"

Mike said...

Aimee and I saw the movie also and I loved it! I was blown away by Heath Ledger's performance. It was too dark for Aimee though. We saw it in the Imax theater and it was impressive!

Sheila said...

Stephen and I saw it and it was coo, but very dark. I don't want to see it again. My little ones are definitely not seeing it. Heath did a great job--that joker character was freaky.