A la Bobby Flay, we had our own family Chocolate Cookie Throwdown Challenge this evening as we watched the finale of the Next Food Network Star. We were all given a bowl of basic cookie dough without any extras. Our challenge was to pump it up with our own take on the chocolate chip cookie.
We had fun making them and trying them all.
First place after each of us voted for our three favorite cookies, was Benjamin's Rocky Road Cookie (marshmellow, rolo's, peanuts, hershey bar, etc).
Madeleine (applesauce/cinnamon cookie) and Keith (maple sugar/pine nuts) tied for second place, and Samantha (cookies 'n' cream white chocolate), Tessa (marshmellow and golden grahams), and Kate (butter fingers and marshmellows) tied for third.
Kristin and McCoy tied for last--we're not sure what they did.

6 comments:
HOW FUN!!!! You guys are the cutest family. I hope one day we can be just like the Homers! :)
So, that's a fun little event!! It looks like McCoy chopped his hair and I must say it looks nice and a lot less hot! Kate's eyes in the first picture are so beautiful, mysterious, etc. Way to go Ben on winning the cookie challenge.
That is such a cute idea! You are such a fun family. I hope I can be like you when I grow up.
Where was this idea when I was into baking cookies??? That is a great idea. Your family will get the Grand Prize for the Family Togetherness Contest!!!!!
I think I'll take the cookies and cream cookie. That sounded just up my taste alley.
Yummy! My kids have been begging me to make cookies so when I went to make them there were no chocolate chips. I have chocolate chip thieves in my house. A trip to the grocery store will fix that and then I will hide them.
Post a Comment