On Friday Grandma and Grandpa invited Madeleine and Tessa to go the Pioneer Commemoration Concert at the Conference Center--Tabernacle Choir with featured guests THE OSMONDS!!
Well, they enjoyed it. Tessa said it was kind of weird that they sang some church songs then all of a sudden everyone was screaming and the Osmonds came out.
On Saturday, Kristin and I also got to go with Kristin's sister, Lisa and her husband Nelson. It was really fun. The Osmond's had good energy and it was fun to hear some old hits. My favorite was when Donny got the men of the Choir to sing "She's a little bit country" and Marie got the women to sing "and he's a little bit rock n' roll". Racy stuff.

The Osmond's were also quite emotional in their final songs. Jimmy even had to speak-sing one of his lines. I believe that this is the final concert for some of them. After all, it has been fifty years. Everyone clapped and clapped--Kristin and Lisa leaned over and yelled, "we love you, Jimmy". I really think he heard them.

3 comments:
Ah ha! So Kristin and Lisa - YOU were the little Rednecks! :) LOL
Very glad to hear that you enjoyed yourselves. The Osmonds are truly awesome.
So, again, I'm missing out on fun stuff! I so wish I could have been there. What a once in a lifetime event... the mo tab and osmonds,,, who would have thought it? It's neat you 4 got to see it,,, now it's on to NY to see Wicked,,, what kind of life are you guys living......? an awesome one!!!
We watched it on KBYU. It was great fun and I was able to sing along with Donny and Marie sing I had their album and it was every word was memorized. It would have been fun to be there.
Post a Comment