Sunday, January 11, 2009

Under the Tucson Sun . . . Homer Style

Hello blog family--We know we haven't been posting very well lately. After Christmas we headed off for a long trip to Arizona and Mexico and then suddenly, it seems, we were back to school. Unfortunately, our Christmas pictures on a memory flashdrive are in the process of being mailed to us by Janelle, so we'll have to retroactively post about Christmas Day later.

But, back to The Trip. Maybe it was the unrelenting cold and constant snow that made us go crazy, but we decided to visit Janelle and Bren in Arizona after Christmas. Tuscon didn't seem that far away our little old map, but we really put some miles on our suburban in a week. We stayed in Las Vegas the first night--yuck, really. I don't know why some people think Las Vegas is such a fun place. Then a long, long drive to get through the Hoover Dam road (about 1.5 hours to go 14 miles, auugh).


We finally made it down to the bottom of Arizona to a very excited Janelle. Finally, she has some family come over, is how she put it. For some reason we all opened Christmas presents when we arrived and the cousins got to know each other again. It was fun to stay at Janelle's. It was like a big slumber party with mattresses on the floor and kids running around. Janelle even made us pancakes and bacon the first morning. We also enjoyed going to Sabino Canyon with the Blackham's (see next post), out to eat at a local Mexican restaurante (Casa Molina), swimming in the hottub, going to Puerto PeƱasco in Mexico (see further post), and the great Desert Museum outside of Tuscon.


4 comments:

Grandma H. said...

It is always so fun to visit family members in thier own home.
In a couple of weeks, we will be there also. I can hardly wait to see you all.

Aimee said...

I bet Janelle was so happy to have you guys come to visit. What a fun trip!!

Sheila said...

Oh how fun! So many children and so much energy! Janelle looks like quite the little hostess making pancakes for the crowd. She's finally arrived.

Janelle said...

Well I'm glad I've arrived and glad it only took pancakes to do it! It was a fun night and morning. And I loved having you guys over. It was not tight at all I thought..... Just a big party!