Sunday, August 17, 2008

Baltimore, Day 8 - Friday, August 15

We branched out from DC today and went to explore Baltimore. We went to what's called the Inner Harbor. It has shops on the piers and lots of tourist things to see. We went to the National Aquarium on the Pier there. It was very good. We saw everything, including the Dolphin show, the 4D movie, and the Coral reef display.After that we went to Fort McHenry, which is where Francis Scott Key watched the flag during the War of 1812 and then wrote the "Star-Spangled Banner". Interesting--I loved the star-shaped fort.
We went for dinner and a visit to see Mike Blasko (and their ten children), a friend from way back in NY-CT days. It was nice to visit.

3 comments:

Aimee said...

I love shopping on a pier. The Aquarium looks like a good one. We went to one today and it wasn't impressive!

Janelle said...

Cool shark! So last time blasko's came I swear they only had 8 kids,,,, what's going on over there???

Kristin said...

The sharks were amazing and they had a lot swimming around.