Saturday, August 30, 2008

Rise and Shout!



We went to the big BYU opener today againt Northern Iowa. Sue and Charlie invited us to use a few of their tickets. Big thanks to them! It was great to sit right down on the 8th row. We enjoyed the game, and they won, so that was extra good. I hadn't been to a game for quite a few years and it was fun to spend a Saturday afternoon with Kristin, Madeleine, and McCoy and the BYU Cougars.
We got to visit with Ashton Carroll after the game. She seems to be having a great time with her six friends who were with her. She has been staying up late socializing and having a ball.
Since the traffic was so thick after the game we went out to eat at Friday's. As I was coming out of the restaurant I noticed Cynthia Noorda walking in front of me and, scanning the parking lot, I noticed the whole Heaps-Noorda gang. I went over and stood right in the middle of all of their family confusion getting rides and who is going with whom, etc. They didn't really notice me in the dark until I finally said, "Hey, I need a ride, too." Cynthia just stopped talking and stared at me, like who are you? Then the hugs started. That was fun to see them.

8 comments:

Janelle said...

Way to go cougars!!! NOT! It does remind me of when I was obsessed with cougar football. How fun to see family there too. I'm glad you found Ashton. What a life she's starting.... college,, there's nothing more fun.

Sheila said...

I'm so jealous! Wish I was there. We did get to see the game on tv so that was fun. Thanks for looking for Ashton. Love the picture of her, she looks happy and like she is having fun.

Marilee said...

Yea, Cougars!!! Michael was there with his brothers! Ashton looks like a Ture Cougar fan already.

Mike said...

So I was sitting directly across the field from you. I didn't realize you were there or I would have come and said hi. I'm glad you got to go and had fun. Now we just have to bring Janelle back to the light...!!

Aimee said...

Go Cougs! I am glad you got to go to a game. You looked like you had a lot of fun.

Grandma H. said...

It's a small world after all...

Lelani said...

BYU??? BYU??? How could you do that to your poor kids ....

GO UTES!

Gretchen said...

We were invited to watch the game at someones house, but it isn't the same as being there. Looks like fun!