Saturday, August 2, 2008

Summertime Bingo - campfire

This past week one night we also had a campfire in the backyard. We made tinfoil dinners and cooked them up with corn on the cob--it was delicious. Krisitn needed to practice this for her upcoming YW Girl's Camp next week. Then we roasted marshmellows on the coals. All I did was dig a hole in the ground and dump some charcoal in. We had a great time--because as we sat around roasting marshmellows the kids just sat and talked about memories of their childhoods (I know, it was sooo long ago) and laughed and laughed.

5 comments:

Marilee said...

Your children are so lucky to have you two as parents. What a fun idea!

Janelle said...

So that's just too cool. Love the movie idea, love the bike idea, and love the campfire idea. This is the summer of the Homer's for sure. How much can you jam in,,, just not enough. These are great memories.

Gretchen said...

You are the cool parents of the year. My boys say we need to do fun things like the Homer cousins do. WE did go to the dive in movie at our swimming pool this weekend, and I didn't even think to take a picture. I need to get back into blog mode.

Sheila said...

You guys have way too much fun over in Utah. We are in a drought in GA and can't have fires. We would get a big time fine!

Aimee said...

I am jealous! Can the 3 of us be adopted into your family?