Saturday, August 23, 2008

Summer Olympics at the Johnson's

In tribute to the Olympic spirit we did our own Olympic competition at the Johnson pool tonight. Relays, diving (biggest splash, longest jump, craziest, etc.), and of course, synchronized swimming.

The kids got medals representing their country--McCoy, Samantha, and Kate represented Hungary. It took Kristin and me a few minutes to understand why Samantha kept saying to us, "I'm Hungry". I'm thinking, duh, go get some food.

I think little Kate has showed us all what the Olympic spirit is all about.


Aren't they just so cute!

9 comments:

Aimee said...

What a fun family event! I am glad you chose swimming as your event ... swimming doesn't have an age requirment:) I was rooting for Team Hungry!!!

Aimee said...

By the way ... I love your new family picture. You have 6 cute personalities!

Marilee said...

Another fun event for the Homers. You are the bestest family in the world.

Janelle said...

OF course the girls did synchronize swimming. They're such girlies! I loved it. Good idea for a fun night swim! I miss you guys!

Sheila said...

I miss the cousins and Grandma's pool! Wah! Very cute video clips, loved the sychronized swimming. Ashton and I laughed!

Lelani said...

so cute!!! you guys are always so creative. fun!

Lombardi Update said...

Wow, talk about getting bigger, your kids sure have grown up. Ty and I are dying to know who that person was that linked you to us. We are glad that it did. It is fun seeing your cute family again.

Gretchen said...

I love that the kids are getting into the olympics. We havn't been in bed before 1am the whole games. Yesterday the boys had stacked their pillows in the hallway and were doing the hurdles. So much fun.

Grandma H. said...

I love to see you all having fum together. Keith and Kristin - super parents of the year!!