Sunday, August 17, 2008

NYC Day 5 - Tuesday, August 12

New York, New York,--it's a heckova town!

We got up early to catch our NYC megabus on F Street at 6:15. The girls were excited because we were going to the Big Apple! When we got to Penn Station we immediately started shopping at the discount places around there and made our way to Macy's. We ate some pizza and then headed up the subway to check in at our hotel at Sheraton New York and Towers on 51st Street. Great location--good job Kristin.We walked up to Central Park and went on the rowboats in the little lake there. That was fun to see Madeleine and Tessa try to row a boat. I guess that was a new experience for them.Then it was back to the hotel to get ready for our big Broadway night. We went to see "Wicked" at the Gershwin Theatre. We loved it--the story was interesting and funny and the actors were top rate--hey it was Broadway!After the play we walked around a very busy Times Square and then met my brother Craig for a little dinner. We ate some of those famous over-priced money-sucking Pastrami sandwiches and New York cheesecake at that world-famous over-priced, self-important Carnegie Deli.What a fun New York City night.

6 comments:

Marilee said...

I don't want to be the one who points this out, but I am just wondering if you guys went 'back in time'?
Day 5 and Day 6 say 2004. So, I am a little worried what those weird New Yorkers have done to your brain powers. Very glad you ventured to Macy's. I hear it is an amazing store! Glad you are all having fun.

Janelle said...

aughghghghg,,,, jeeeeallllouoouous. You people make me sick. Love New York! You guys look so cute. Love the pic of mad and tes on the boat.... blow that one up.

Keith said...

fixed it!

Aimee said...

I agree with Janelle. Love the picture of the girls .... so cute! I want to go to a Broadway play. I can only hope.

Sheila said...

It looks so fun. It's almost time to get back to reality!

Sheila said...

I loved WICKED! It's coming in the Fall to Atlanta. Too bad I have a daughter going to college and Dallin starting braces. That's where my fun money is going. Maybe wicked will come again in ten years.