Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Herald Angels Sing??

Last night was the annual Midvalley Elementary choir performance. Samantha and McCoy have been going to school a half hour early for weeks to practice and learn all their songs. We enjoyed their songs and the actions they do. McCoy and his friends wore Santa hats to be goofy 6th graders. We were able to get a couple of great front row seats from a nice guy. We were videotaping and snapping photos the whole time. Right when the last song was finishing up, Kate, who was kneeling on the ground picking up chocolate kisses, started screaming and crying. Benjamin was standing there throwing up on top of her head. Good grief. Kristin and I went into parent mode. While everyone is clapping at the end of the cute performance, Kristin was running out with a dripping and screaming Kate and I wrapped up Benjamin with my hoodie while he kept throwing up. I put chairs around us as a fortress and told gawking 5th graders to move along, nothing to see.

Parents are taking pictures and hugging their kids as they came off the bleachers and we're dealing with the aftermath of a major disaster. Needless to say, we couldn't get out of there fast enough. Merry Christmas!

8 comments:

Grandma H. said...

Keith, it is only you that could be so descriptive that we feel as if we are right there next to you. What a hoot. First I read about Janelle and her problemwith Kamyrn., and then you write about the same thing with Bren. I laughed. McCoy and Samantha did a grand job with their ha ha ha song. Merry Christmas

Janelle said...

I think mommy meant BEN.

So, it is the throw up bug huh? Wonder what was wrong with him, and poor Kate was the recipient.... that is one for the dinner table in 15 years....'remember the time I threw up in your hair?',,,, ha ha ha they all will say.

You two did a great job on your songs. Elementary programs were always a lot of fun for me.

Kemi said...

A school program just isn't a school program without someone getting violently sick.

I think they have a rule about that somewhere.

Lindsay Quinney said...

That is so sad!! I think i feel worse for Kate however than Ben even though he was the one that was sick. How traumatizing!!

Mike said...

I'm sure it wasn't funny at the time, but that sure made me laugh! Has Kate forgiven him yet?

Lelani said...

oh my gosh Keith. that was funny though I'm sure you were totally stressed when it happened. poor kids!!!

I'm so happy to have found you guys through the blogs. it's great to reconnect!!! I look at the kids and still see Madeleine screaming when she saw our dog. lol or Emi and Tessa running around in their slips. too cute.

FELIZ NAVIDAD!

Aimee said...

That was a hilarious post. I feel bad for Kate and Ben. I remember throwing up on someone at Oakdale in the kieva (sp). Keith, do you remember the kieva? Anyway, that was a traumatic experience for both myself and the poor boy I threw up on.

Gretchen said...

Okay I admit, I laughed out loud! Poor Kate, Poor Ben! Don't we all have an experience like that when you are a parent.