Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Eating of our Bounty


I know this is a wierd post--a plate of food, but it was our very tasty Sunday dinner last week. The carrots, cucumbers, tomatoes, and the potatoes were all from our garden. Even the peppers in the meatloaf. All we need now is to get a cow so then we can grow our own meat loaf.

For dessert we had our annual fondue with pears and apples from our orchard dipped in chocolate fudge sauce and caramel. I must say the pears in chocolate were great and the apples in the caramel were perfect. Come on over and get some apples if you need some crisp fall flavor.

5 comments:

Lindsay Quinney said...

We loved having out garden this year. I am so sad it is turning cold and we won't have all of that wonderful fresh produce!

Janelle said...

See, now I laughed right out loud at your little joke at the end of that clip, and I noticed that none of your children did. Are you becoming that old dad that just "thinks" he's soo funny?? Or they just don't pay attention to you anymore? Anywhoo, so fun to have fondue too... you guys are the coolest!

Gretchen said...

Our garden failed miserably this year! I guess we will try again next year. We want a bounty dinner from our garden, someday.

Sheila said...

Our garden was great until the attack of the produce eating deer! You guys are amazing. Loved the joke, Keith and I loved the response from the kids. Absolutely NOTHING! Watch the video again. It's really funny how they don't even acknowledge your little joke.

Keith said...

The kids call it "fundue"--and they don't think "fondon't" is appropriate.