Thursday, October 29, 2009

Halloween Fun, Part II

There is nothing cuter, and less pedagogically necessary, than the annual elementary school Halloween costume parade. It was much less stressful and frantic this year without Samantha and Benjamin who were still down on the couch with the swine flu. So, it was just cute little Kate who went as a fairy. Kristin was the head room mother for the second grade this year so she was busy with games and treats. Good for her--I'm glad she still has it in her after all these years.

5 comments:

Lindsay Quinney said...

So sad that Samantha and Benjamin couldn't go, but Kate was such a good looking fairy!

Grandma H. said...

Kate is the best flower fairy. We hope the resst of the Homers do not get the swine flu.
As long as there is a party, it does not matter that it is home.

Janelle said...

That is a really cute flower fairy. I loved the Halloween Costume parade at Oakdale. When I was in the younger grades, I always got nervous walking through the 6th grade classrooms though.

Sheila said...

Cute costume. We don't have parades or costumes in our schools in GA. It's not a "learning" activity. So there.

Gretchen said...

Kate you looked so cute! We don't have the parades in our schools either. The party is also not a Halloween party, it is a Fall Festival, and you have to have healthy treats.