Thursday, October 8, 2009

Rise and Shout . . . finally!

A couple of weeks ago we had the great fortune of getting a few tickets from Grandma and Grandpa Johnson to see a BYU Cougars football game (Thanks!). So, Kristin and I along with Madeleine and her friend, Mindy, made the trip down to Provo for the big game. After the Cougars' embarrassing performance against Florida the week before everyone was hoping/praying for a win against Colorado State. And the Lord delivered one for his Cougars. We had a great time just being there. During the 3rd Quarter I climbed up the stands to find Aunt Jane and Uncle Leon (just look for the white hair). We chatted for a while and then I went further down and found my cousin Cynthia Noorda in her seats--cousins Susan and Teresa were also there. It was fun to squeeze in and visit with them for a while. See, Cougar football brings families together!
After the game we went out for burgers, fries, and shakes. We went to what used to be called "Stevenett's", but is now called Burger Shoppe or the Malt Shoppe or something, I can't remember now. It was fun for us old-timers and especially fun for Kristin because they were playing 80's music the whole time.Yes, a new generation is coming of age with the Cougars!


6 comments:

Janelle said...

That is fun that you got to see everyone! Did you look for your obnoxious niece Ashton? You guys sure have a fun tradition in the family huh....

Keith said...

We texted Ashton, and then I went looking for her until I realized she was on the East side of the Stadium with the students--well, that's too far and too complicated to walk around I guess, so we said "hi" with our texting technology.

Lindsay Quinney said...

Woo Hoo!! Go Cougars!

Gretchen said...

I always loved going to the football games. It was just another fun fall activity.

Sheila said...

Sounds so fun. Looks like you had a beautiful day. What fun to see the whole crew. Thanks for texting Ashton!

Mike said...

It was a fun game. Glad you got to be there too. Sounds like we were on opposite sides of the stadium. Go Cougs!