Tuesday, May 20, 2008

The Birthday Girl...Madeleine




We didn't get to see much of the birthday girl yesterday, May 19th. The birthday girl had to go straight to cheer practice after school. She then came home at 6pm for 20 minutes and we ate a quick birthday dinner of chicken kabobs, chicken sandwiches, watermelon, and salad. It was quick but yummy and a nice day to eat outside. Then she was off to dance until 9pm. Since the girls had missed the past two Monday dance classes for The Frog Prince they couldn't miss last night, as recital is coming and Madeleine didn't want to miss. So at 9:30pm last night we opened presents, sang Happy Birthday, and ate vanilla cupcakes. Madeleine got clothes and jewelry. Plus tickets to go see Wicked on broadway in NYC when we go to DC in August. She said she had a great birthday because she spent the day doing what she loves, dancing.

5 comments:

Sheila said...

Happy Birthday! And so exciting that you're going to Wicked. That is my favorite. It's coming here in the Fall and I want to go again. Get the CD and start listening to the music, you'll love it and then you can sing along during the play. Have a great year being 15. You're getting so old!

Gretchen said...

Happy Birthday Madeleine! We are glad you were able to do your favorite thing on your birthday. We are finding that with our busy life we usually celebrate on the weekend. I am jealous of your ticket to Wicked. It is probablly my favorite play I have seen. You will love it. I will go again some day.

susanna said...

Happy Belated birthday. You are hard to reach by phone. It is hard to believe that you are 15. Next year the big 16. Get Emily to burn you the Wicked CD. Grandpa got tickets for us to see it over Father's day weekend in NYC. I am excited!!! I am also excited that you will be here this summer!!!!

Janelle said...

Happy day to you miss 15 year old! So cheer at 6 am??? That is not a good time for a 'Homer' to be up in the summertime... ouch...but it will be great exercise and fun memories.

I hope your special day was all it was supposed to be....... dancey!!

Grandma H. said...

Madeleine had a great birthday. I do not like to admit this, but I do not know anything about Wicked. I need to get out more often. I will be anxious to go to one of your football games in the fall. You are very busy - when you get my age, just driving out of the garage wears us out.