Birthdays have always been special at our house. Now the grandkids look forward to celebrating with grandma and the cousins and receiving a birthday card in the mail that always arrives on their exact birthday day.
Some of my favorite memories as a child were family vacations. Now some of my kids favorite memories are vacations with grandma to California, Washington DC, and Yellowstone.
My mom was always supportive of everything I did or wanted to try. She is now very supportive of her grandchildren's activities. When she visits she goes to every grandchild event she can.Even though Mother's Day is two days past I still wanted to pay tribute to my mom. I learned how to be a mom through her awesome example. I never remember her raising her voice at me or yelling at me for being in trouble. I am sure she did but it must have been rarely because I don't remember her ever doing it. She was a good example of patience, kindness, and serving others. She taught me to never leave anyone out and that people are more important than stuff- among many other things. She always made me feel special on my birthday and holidays were always fun at our house. She is a wonderful grandma and makes each one of her 29 grandchildren feel special. Of course, now that I am a mom I even appreciate her more. I love you, mom!!!

3 comments:
Those were such nice words about your mom. You learned all your patience from her it looks like. Cute pictures too.... I can't believe it's 29 grandchildren now... I wonder how many you and Keith will have?? ha ha
I think your mom is cool, too.
Thank you!!!! I am very touched. As your mother you have always made me very proud.
I read somewhere that the greatest gifts a parent gives their children are first "love" and the second are "wings." Love comes easy, the wings are the hard part but you have made us so proud as we have watched you fly.
The greatest gift to me is the mother that you have become. I love you!!!!
Post a Comment