Friday, May 30, 2008

Field Trip Frenzy

I like to go on at least one field trip per child per year. Samantha's field trip was last Thursday. We went to the Clark Planetarium and saw two shows. Unfortunetly, I didn't bring my camera. We saw 3-D Sea Monsters and a star show of, "Secret of the Cardboard Box." I have seen the later show many, many times. In fact when I taught school I saw that same star show. It was raining and the kids were supposed to eat lunch outside at the Gateway but they ate inside instead. Thanks again to Grandma and Grandpa Homer for watching Kate and Benjamin so I could go to the field trip. Kate loved playing with Grandma's dolls while she was there.


The next field trip was Kate's this past Wednesday. It was to the zoo so Benjamin was able to tag along. We had a great time as usual even though there was mix up on the buses. Appartently they were ordered for May 2007 even though they were order well past May 2007 but nobody caught the error. Anyway the district scrambled and we finally got buses at 10:00 instead of 9:00. We got to the zoo and had a fun time. They have really expanded the zoo and made some new nice areas. Of course riding the train and playing at the playgrounds were the kids favorite part.




McCoy's field trip was yesterday. They were going to the Olympic park at the UofU and then to the Gateway to see and play in the Olympic fountains and eat lunch. The day started out beautiful but as soon as the kids were on TRAX it started to rain hard and then it started to hail. Once up to the U it was raining so hard, and the park was outside, the teachers decided it was off to the Gateway. We ate lunch at the food court at Gateway. The weather was still bad so the teachers decided we would go back to school. Once they got back to school the kids were going to watch a movie as the field trip was supposed to last all day. So I checked McCoy out and I took he and Benjamin to get hair cuts then I let them play Star Wars on the Wii.



Madeleine has her 9th grade field trip to Lagoon next tuesday but she won't let me come.


5 comments:

Janelle said...

aww come on Madeleine, you don't need your mom to chaperone you??? I bet Kristin you could sneak in there anyway and spy on her, take pictures, and then blog about it!!! Ha Ha. I loved my 9th grade Lagoon Day, I think Albion went with Union in fact,, or maybe Butler too... can't remember. I'm glad the girls turned out ok. that's too bad that McCoy's got rained out... bummer.

Sheila said...

Wow, you had a busy week. Sorry about the rainout, McCoy. That's tough for the teachers too!

Sheila said...

We need to go to the zoo when we come on vacation. I love the Hogle zoo, it's small enough to be able to see everything. Atlanta zoo is so tree covered and I get turned around. They don't have some of the animals the Hogle zoo has. But, we have pandas! That's a cool exhibit.

Grandma H. said...

Gee, I am susrprised Madeleine will not let you be the chaperone. Maybe I should have a talk with her.

Field trips are fun for the kids - too bad they had to have rain.

Gretchen said...

I usually send Craig on the field trips, and I do the voluntering in the classroom. You are great to go. It is fun to see the kids interact with their schoolmates.