Friday, May 23, 2008

Color Guard Attention

McCoy's 5th grade did a patriotic program yesterday. His scout troop was asked to do the Color Guard. He was excited to participate in the ceremony. He has been the only Webelos in our ward troop so now that he is eleven he gets to be in the stake troop with some friend from school. He is so excited and so are we. He will be getting his Arrow of Light at the next pack meeting. He also signed "Go My Son" at the program.

2 comments:

Sheila said...

I love fifth grade! That's the grade I taught for 8 years. I'm glad that you did a program. We did one every year. How cool that you got to be the Color Guard too. Enjoy the last weeks of school. Are you in Middle School next year? Ugh--you guys are growing up way too fast.

Janelle said...

That is a big responsibility to bring the flag in. I always thought it looked cool and was jealous of the boy scouts. But, we were able to take the flag down once and do the cool fold.