Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Dropping gas prices

Just two months ago it was $142.00 to fill up my tank with gas. Yesterday I filled up for $68.00--woo-hoo!! I haven't seen gas this low for a couple years. On the down side when I was driving home last night I saw it for 1.85...had I waited an hour I could have saved .36 cents.

posted by Kristin

11 comments:

Keith said...

I saw it at 1.83 in West Jordan last night. This sure helps.

Lindsay Quinney said...

I love that gas is getting so low!! For our little car we were paying fifty dollars to fill it during the summer. So everytime we fill up we get so excited to tell each other how low the price was. I will say i saw it at 1.79 in draper!! I wonder how low it will go.

Mike said...

Where was that Chevron? I love the lower prices!

Janelle said...

Unbelievable. Never in my lifetime did I think it would drop below 2 dollars. It was 55 to fill up the Ford,,, yesterday it was in the 20's. BE-UTIFUL...

Great Post. and how cute for McCoy to stand out in public and jump for joy. I'm sure lots of people all around are rejoicing... REALLY?? It cost you $142 to fill up. That's just too bad.

by the way. travelocity.. 170 albany round trip

Kristin said...

That same Chevon was down to 1.83 yesterday. It is on 90th S. and State Street.

Staci said...

Whoa, that is so low. Vegas is down to $2.10, and I am hoping it continues to go down and catch up with SL. Now we can actually afford to come home for Thanksgiving without taking out a loan.

Lelani said...

it's amazing how much oil companies control these prices. amazing, huh??? so now they have too much?? so that only means one thing: prices will go up again to control expectations. eek!!!

Aimee said...

Now my goal is to see if I can find a gas station with gas in the 1.70's. This post makes me happy to read!

Sheila said...

Today with my Kroger discount card I filled up for 1.71. Woohoo and hallelujah! Only $54.00 dollars to fill up. I didn't even feel too guilty when I was out running errands.

Aimee said...

Kristin & Keith,
I passed the Chevron in this picture and it was down to 1.77. Then I drove past the 7-11 on the corner by Harmons and it was at 1.75. Of course I didn't have my camera to take proof. Imagine if you had a .20 cent off coupon from Harmons. You would be filling your tank up with 1.55 worth of gasoline.

Grandma H. said...

since I never fill up the car, I am not aware of the prices. Why am I so independent???