I
love my birthday...it is a day free of guilt. After I got the kids off to school I climbed back in bed with a diet coke and watched two episodes of a mindless sitcom..no guilt. I then went shopping to spend my birthday money (thanks, Mom and Dad) and out to lunch, just Ben and I. Benjamin is actually not a good shopping partner nor a good lunch date--he wants to go home about 20 minutes into it.

Where to go to lunch was a tough decision, since we don't go out much I wanted it to be good. I decided on a old teen favorite The Training Table. I was in the mood for cheese fries with hick and mayo dipping sauce (side note: my friend from years gone by Stephanie T. invented the hick and mayo dipping sauce although my family doesn't believe me...so Stephanie if you are out there somewhere could write a letter to us stating that you did indeed invent the sauce.) So without guilt I ate cheese fries for lunch.

Benjamin was ready to head home so we did and after checking email and a game of "slap jack" with Ben we were off to pick up car pools, drive to dance, do Madeleine's Who hair for the play. It takes wires and time to make it stay. The next time she needs hair like that, I am hoping she can wear a hat. Also, we had play bill photos for Nutcracker so as usual it was a busy afternoon/evening. Keith took McCoy and Benjamin to Seussical and I got to see the last 10 minutes. It is a great show!!

By 10:15 everyone was home again for a little cake, ice cream and dancing to the tune of "They say it's your birthday.... It was another great birthday. I didn't feel guilty for not doing laundry, cleaning bathrooms, or eating cheese fries and cake. Tomorrow is the beginning of a new year of life for me --what will my 42nd year bring....we'll keep you posted on the blog.
11 comments:
Wow, what a day! Sounds like a great one. Happy Birthday from Georgia. 42 will be a great year. They just get better and better. Okay--I want some cheese fries at the Training Table and of course, the special sauce. Did Stephanie really invent the sauce? I don't doubt it--it was probably one of her crazy moments being weird and it just happened.
We hope you'll post pictures of Madeleine's hair. Sounds awesome. And posts about the play.
Happy Birthday! My advice is "DON"T EVER LIVE WITH GUILT!"
Oh, I totally forgot about Training Table. I have a few places I want to hit on my week in SLC, that one has just been added.
I'm so glad you had a good time during your break of 5 kids. Just think- next year you'll be all by yourself throughout the day. That'll be weird.
But happy happy birthday and glad you all got together late at night amidst your busy schedules to sing. For sure get postin' about the play. Fun FUn.
Happy Birthday! I love that you went out and spoiled yourself a little. Good for you. I hope you had a great day.
By the way, add me to the list of people now craving The Training Table!
Happy Birthday!! That is crazy that your friend invented that sauce. You can't have training table cheese fries without it.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!! I actually have you in my calendar and never wrote to you. Yum, training table!! Haven't been there forever.
Happy Birthday Kristin! It sounds like you had a great birthday. I can't wait for the day when I can crawl back into bed when the kids are gone .... I know, I have a few more years!
That is the best birthday ever. I love the days of no guilt and just doing what you want. Happy Birthday have a great year.
Now I know where you were last night. We tried to call but forgot it was Madeleine's big night. It sounds like a good birthday but I agree with Marilee do not live with guilt. By the way you are beginning your 43rd year.
Happy Birthday (a few days late) I love your attitude. Have a great year and enjoy every minute of it.
Glad to hear you had a guilt free day. I have those every once in a while. Actually I have a lot of them. Yea!!
Post a Comment