
Benjamin at a year and a half--it wasn't that long ago.

Happy Birthday to our baby boy Benjamin! It makes me sad that he is already five, five seems so much older than four. When Madeleine turned five it was so exciting and I thought wow I have a five year old. Now I think, oh no, it can't be, my little Benny is five.

He had a great day and he had it planned for weeks. He wanted his best friend and cousin Colin to come over for the day and go to McDonalds. I got a last minute call to sub at Keith's school but we still made it work. Thanks to Grandma Johnson for taking Benjamin and Colin to McDonalds for his birthday so I could still sub!

For his birthday dinner/party at his request he had Grandma and Grandpa Homer, the Washington DC grandma, Brad-ee as Ben calls him, and Colin's family (my sister Lisa and Nelson and 4 of their boys.) We had a piñata, the kids played in the sandbox and it was warm enough for them to eat outside.

Ben decided on a great menu, cucumbers, broccoli, bananas, cheese balls, and pizza. It actually turned out delicious.

Grandma Homer used the Snuggie to keep warm while the kids hit the piñata.


The morning after his birthday Benjamin said, "Wow that was some party last night!" and he keeps reminding me that he is five now.
5 comments:
He was a brand new baby when we first moved into the ward. Have we really been here for five years already? :)
Happy Birthday, Benjamin!
Happy Birthday Ben!! I cannot believe he is five already!
Happy Birthday Benjamin. Sounds like it was a fun day. Being able to plan out your own birthday like that makes it even more fun!
THis is the first birthday I have missed of Mr. Benjamin. I remember his 1 year old party, man was he sick! and he was able to perk up a bit for cake. Then there was the party last year when I gave him the wrong present,,, ha ha.
What a great menu, and a pinata to top it all off. That will be so much fun to do for our girls when they are older. I hope to be able to make the girls birthdays just as special as you do your kids... your May's are just around the corner... woo woo,, a 16 year old. That's a big one you know. oh, and 12... McCoy is a Deacon soon,,, weird! Happy birthday Ben,, Kaitlyn and Kamryn were sad they missed your birthday.. p.s. Mom looks so cultish, that snuggie's gotta go folks!
Happy Birthday Ben! You planned a great day, so much fun on your birthday!
Post a Comment