
Well, huzzah! The day finally came. After all the frantic list-making and packing and worrying about what to bring and what to leave behind, it was finally time. Mom and Dad were set apart on Sunday afternoon. We had a lovely dinner (catered, of course) and mom even made a lovely centerpice complete with pioneer handcart. It was a nice surprise to include Aunt Jane and Uncle Leon to dinner. They also got to tour the famous camper trailer. 

The counselors in the Stake Presidency came over to set them apart and suddenly they were missionaries again! Mom was feeling very calm about everything now that it is finally here. Mom and Dad left Monday morning some time and headed up to Rock Springs to stay the night with Aunt Joan and probably to reacculturate mother to her Wyoming roots. Then they report to their mission at Martin's Cove on Tuesday with training on Wednesday. Hopefully we'll be able to hear some news the next time the Pony Express makes a run through Salt Lake.
This where they're going to be living for the next six months--Home Sweet Home!

5 comments:
wow! so they're off to Martin's Cove to live in a trailer. what a cool adventure!!!
Did you hear their trailer wasn't "charging"? Russ had to take it to the Ford Dealership to be worked on. So I don't think they left Rock Springs until later in the afternoon. I hope they made it without any problems.
Wow, I didn't know that. Their trials are already starting. These are the tales of faith and tribualtion that we will pass on to our grandchildren.
oh brother,,
It's so neat they are on another mission. I'm anxious to see their new habitat in action in a few months. I just can't imagine them... what a great experience.
My Mommy and Daddy are so awesome! We love them and are soooooooo proud of them.
Post a Comment