Last weekend, for the second year in a row, our ward has had their campout at Wheeler Farm. We camp behind the farm and you feel like you are at some far away campground. We had a fun time again this year. It was fun to get up early and look at the animals before anyone else. The ducks are very hungry first thing in the morning too. Benjamin in keeping with family tradition hated the animals and was scared but the animals as Aimee can attest to can be a bit hissy.

Samanth a hula-hoop champion at the games.

The girls hanging out.

We had a dutch oven dinner and a yummy pancake, egg, bacon
breakfast.


Keith came later because of a faculty party so I put up the tent myself.
I also broke camp myself so Keith could take McCoy to soccer. Our tent became
the little kid hang out.

3 comments:
I'm glad you get to go camping a whole 10 minutes away from your house. In a way, it's better, but nothing replaces the cool mountain air with no lights and traffic sounds. I just got on KSL and noticed it was only 59 degrees,,, in June?? Good luck with that one. It's better for gardening I bet. I hope you guys get done early this year. Did Samantha win the ward hula hoop thing?
Love the looks on Samantha and Benjamin's faces. It says it all. I like the idea of camping so close to home also. If you forgot something you do not have to go far it get it. All though that might take away the fun of it.
That is my kind of camping, not far from home.
Post a Comment