Sunday, June 15, 2008

Happy Father's Day!

Well, it was a nice day. Tessa gave a talk in Sacrament Meeting on Fathers. She did a great job and was better than the other two adult talks (I'm not just saying that--she really was).





We had a great dinner with mom and dad there. Kristin had some new meat thing called Flat Iron Steak. I wasn't feeling too well since I was kept up last night throwing up after our dinner at the Cheesecake Factory. (Maybe it was the chocolate cream coconut macaroon cheesecake, maybe it was a virus). The kids gave me cards and then the big present--they were so excited. Benjamin could barely contain himself--it was the wii Mario cart game.







So, anyways, it was fun to have the kids focus on the Father figure in their life. It was also nice to have my own Father there for dinner. It's funny that my kids are bringing me cards for Father's Day just like we used to do for dad back in the day ourselves. And thanks to my Dad for always being the dad for us. Now I guess, it's my turn.

4 comments:

Janelle said...

That looks like a delicious and fun meal. Did Ben blow the surprise and yell it's a kite?,,,,how do you play wii mario kart? do you have little pretend steering wheels or something?

Janelle said...

fix Sheila's name on your link list,, it's spelled wrong

Grandma H. said...

I can tell you that the meal was delicious. It was a very nice day and I was happy to see my son be such a great father, We did miss having the rest of the family tree there.

Sheila said...

I miss my Daddy, wah!