Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Left, Left, Left, Right, Left...

(Madeleine is in there somewhere doing millitary jumping jacks.)


Last week we had our Stake Youth Conference. Wednesday we had a day of service around our stake boundaries with the Beehives, Tessa, invited. Then Thursday through Saturday we went up to Camp Williams, an active millitary base. However, Tessa was not invited because she was only 13. We had a great time and I was exhausted when it was over.


Madeleine was the mascot for her team. Each team was given a few items and had to come up with a mascot. The mascot had to be carried everywhere they could only sit and stand. Good thing they chose her. Their team became the Wonders and she was Daisy the Disco Dancer. I was with the leaders we were the Golden Hawaiians.



They had a big pool at Camp Williams. Of course Madeleine and another dancing friend made up a nice syncronized swimming routine.



Also at Camp Williams we got to repel down an 100 foot wall and then got to free fall with ropes down the same tower. It was scary but a lot of fun. We both would do it again.




6 comments:

Grandma H. said...

You people seem to have lots of fun. Live it up while you are young!!

Janelle said...

Repelling is scary. I've never really done it,,, only on a rock wall, sounds like a fun week you three!

Keith said...

I am amazed at you, Kristin. I think you are a great role model for these YW.

Gretchen said...

Youth Conference is always so much fun.

Sheila said...

I love YW because it makes you do things that you normally wouldn't do. I repelled last year at camp and loved it! You go girls!

Mike said...

I'm starting to feel robbed...we never did this kind of stuff at youth conference when I was younger!