
Well, apparently mom was jealous of dad getting all the medical attention so she decided to have her own symptons. She spent two days in the hospital just getting the diagnosis--it was either a colon blockage or appendicitis. Turns out--it was both. So she had the appendectomy on Friday morning (the 13th!!!) and she's back at our house for Father's Day dinner on Sunday like nothing happened.

I have a 4 inch scar and she has three little dots. Modern technology and good insurance. This photo shows the doctor's diagram and the other is mom on Sunday, all happy.
Oh, mom just told me she's taking "perky" percacet (sic-hey, I'm not a doctor) pills. Look out, everybody!
(posted by Keith)
5 comments:
Mom looks good. I'm glad that's all it was. Thanks for the post--I've been at Girls' camp all week and just haven't had time to blog. Check back tomorrow--I'll get you updated.
Oh our poor mommy,,, and Keith, did some hillbilly do your surgery?? What the heck? I'm sad I missed the first family dinner today,, but not really,,, does that make sense? I don't think it's sunk in too much that we're really really far away. Give it some time,,, yes, it seems that we're on vacation since Bren's been lazy for the last week. He starts next Monday though.
Let me tell you Janelle. I was sick for a couple of days starting Wed. morning and by Friday at school students were telling me I didn't look good. I went by the "clinic" after school and never made it home. They couldn't finalize the diagnosis so they sent me to St. Mark's Hospital. Yikes, scary place. It was a Friday night so I'm laying there in the ER with gang-bangers and Friday night losers. The police came in twice to yell at the g-boys to get out of the ER. Finally at 1:00am they wheeled me in for surgery. The doctor was some woman from Croatia or something. I didn't know what was going on and I didn't know what to say. You just trust the system and the doctors - right?
kids, don't do drugs!
amen to that... oh my poor big brother, I'm sorry you had to go through that,, well that's 3 out of 7 now in our family... wonder who's next??
Post a Comment