Saturday, June 7, 2008

Kate's Early Birthday Party



I have learned from experience if you have a July birthday and want to have a friend party that involves friends from school you should do it early. So last Monday we had a Littlest Pet Shop birthday party for Kate's 6th birthday. When the guests came we had them choose a pet. They then named their pet and made a pet bowl. Then we went to different pet stations. The monkey station was play on the swing set. Bunny-jumping on the tramp, Bird-making bird feeders, kitty-digging for kitty poop in kitty liter(oatmeal and toostie rolls), the fish station was bubbles, and the puppy station was looking for sticks(pencils). We ended with a pinata and animal snacks like gummy worms, banana chips, sunflower seeds. They put all their goodies in their pet bowls. It was a fun party! I like doing little kid parties, they are a lot more fun to do then 14 year old parties.


3 comments:

Janelle said...

Oh my gosh, you are so clever Kristin! I would love to write down all the ideas of my sis in laws and sister so I'll have the greatest book ever of ideas. Good idea for Kate to have a fun pet shop birthday party.

susanna said...

What a fun party. Way to go Kate!!!! I never had a friend party in July either.....Until I turned 60.

Gretchen said...

I agree that little kid parties are so much more fun. You are so clever to incorporate what they love. Happy early birthday Samantha!