Friday, July 10, 2009

Happy 4th of July!


Even though it's summer it still takes a few days to get our blog posting done.
We had a fun 4th of July weekend as usual. On the 3rd we had our big breakfast with French Toast. Then, in the afternoon we continued our cleanup from the basement flood. In the evening we took the kids over to Grandma and Grandpa Johnson's for the annual grandkid sleepover there. They watched a movie on the back lawn with Mike's big outdoor screen. Kristin and I went home to an empty house (hooray!).
In the morning Kristin and I had a lovely breakfast at Mimi's and then picked up the kids and came home for Samantha's birthday celebration. Then we all went swimming at Mike and Kate's pool. Of course, there were lots of fireworks and craziness. This year they featured the floating fireworks barge in the pool.

Madeleine and Tessa were showing their independence by going to the Stadium of Fire in Provo with fireworks and . . . the Jonas Brothers!!! The Bergstrom family took them and they had a great time. We'll tell them to do a post on their blog. Even though we missed them swimming, it was exciting to hear all their stories about seeing the Jonas Brothers and the huge firewroks display.

2 comments:

Sheila said...

So exciting for Madeleine and Tessa to see Stadium of Fire. Do they still have that cheesy commercial that sings, Stadium of FIRE! I'm singing it right now. Breakfast looks oh so yummy. Love the star shapes and the festive music in the background. You are the party animals.

Janelle said...

Well the Homer's are at it again! You guys amaze me! So girls, let's get the details,,, which Brother is your favorite!?? And yes Sheila, now I'm singing Stadium of Fire... I remember going to those and LOVING them. Bob Hope one year, the Osmonds another,,, and don't forget the little girls "STars" and their red/white/blue pompoms.. (I always wanted to be a STAR after that) I didn't know the Johnson's had a grandkid sleepover... where have I been? Anyways, that's a fun night for you guys. I hope you documented the flood by the way. That's definitely blog worthy!