Friday, July 3, 2009

Happy Birthday, Keith

Well, June 26th came and half the family was gone at Youth Conference. So, it was just me and the little kids. At about 3:00am Samantha woke up Kate and together they decorated the family room for my birthday. We went out to Denny's for breakfast and they gave me my presents there. I got a mini-rake and then they put a bunch of little messages in a bag for me to read. It's nice to hear that someone loves you every now and then. I had a great breakfast with them and a nice birthday, even if we did go out and plant a garden at Doug and Michelle's. We did go out to eat at Britton's afterward right when the big storm hit with the double rainbow.

A few days later on Monday we went out to eat as a family to Applebee's (it didn't agree with me later, let me tell you). They told the waitress it was my birthday so all the waiters came to sing for me--how . . . (fill in your own cliché).


So, thanks everyone for the happy birthday--It isn't easy turning 37, let me tell you.

6 comments:

Kemi said...

Thirty-seven, huh?

You don't look a day over 29. :)

Janelle said...

well then, that would mean you were 20 when you had Madeleine? Weren't you on your mission then?

So, that was a fun post! I'm sorry Applebee's wasn't good this time around. Our takeout last week wasn't much to write home about either. blah and blah.

Sorry I missed calling you or texting you or facebooking you or blogging you last week.

Hope your day went well....

Marilee said...

I am glad your cute family loves you and takes such good care of their daddy. Happy Birthday!

Sheila said...

37? Really? I know how old you are because I am only 15 months younger than you! Actually, I like being 36...

Gretchen said...

Looks like another fun birthday year! Glad you had a great day.

Lelani said...

lol ... yeah ... happy belated birthday.