Sunday, October 12, 2008

Craig finally made it to a Sunday Dinner





We were excited to have an invitation to Mom and Dad's for Sunday dinner. We haven't been there for months. And then, Craig was in town from New York so it was double the fun. Mom's cooking and Craig's burping--it doesn't get any better than that. We were jsut glad to get some food into him.
After dinner the kids played outside in the snow and we chatted in the sitting room. Brad and Craig reminisced about things that I'm pretty sure are now past the statute of limitations. Not a bad way to spend a chilly fall Sunday afternoon. Thanks, Mom (and Dad)

6 comments:

Janelle said...

I am shocked there is snow on the ground at Grandma's... what in the heck is going on?? Oh wait,, I guess it's October 12th... hee hee... We were actually chilly today with a high 78 and low 40... but we'll be back to 91 on Saturday,,, thank goodness. I don't want my summer to end. Cool light fixture by the way.. Thanks Craig for pushing dad into getting a new one... that's been needed for almost 3 years. The kids look cute as usual! We miss you!

Kristin said...

That was a nice Sunday dinner. It was fun to go up to Grandma and Grandpa's.

Grandma H. said...

Now it was fun to actually set a table and put on a centerpiece. Yes it has been a long time. Well, it has been wonderful to go to Keith and Kristins. The two of them are both great cooks. I even attempted a Rib-Eye roast today. I had to google to find out how to cook it. It was not hard, but you definetly need a meat thermoter.
Craig made a real homemade apple pie. We decided that either my Crisco or the flour was too old. Well what do you expect with old people

Janelle said...

that's pretty funny mommy....old

Sheila said...

I'm glad you were able to go to Mom and Dad's. Wish we were there to enjoy everyone's company.

Gretchen said...

We all wished we could have been there. I told Craig that the last pie he made for us was Thanksgiving. I guess when you don't have to stay after for bishopric meetings you can actually have time to make a pie. Glad you all had fun. I tried to send 2 of the boys out, but it was over 400 a piece and with the economy I thought I be careful with the money.