
"Oh my gosh--it was awesome". That's what the girls said when I picked them up at 2:30 am after they finished watching "High School Musical 3" opening night just after midnight on Thursday. They went with their friends, Lucy and Hannah Bergstrom, and said it was so fun in the theater with all the girls screaming when Zac Efron first came on the screen. They said one of the girls in the audience would run down front and do all the dances so she must have been in the movie.

Wait, it gets better. Kristin entered a contest at Harmon's to win six free tickets. Well, she won! We got six tickets at a special showing and also drinks and popcorn so that's worth another $500 right there. So, Friday after school I went to the theater with Madeleine and Tessa (again, lucky), McCoy, Kate, and Benjamin (Samantha was performing in her play again tonight.) I had bragged to my students all day so I was excited. About 15 minutes into the movie, Benjamin declared, "This is awesome! I have my own popcorn and my own drink. But this isn't 3--it's 1" (He didn't seem to understand the concept of a sequel.)

Well, the movie didn't disappoint. I really liked it. It was a nice ending/graduation for the kids of East High dealing with all the adolescent fears and reluctance to head out into the unknown. But you know, they're all in this together. They had great musical numbers throughout the movie and the perky, can do attitude of the characters in putting on their musical within a movie would have made Judy Garland and Mickey Rooney proud--"Hey, kids, let's put on a show!"
The girls think I'm going to be arrested for this secret video clip, but hey, this is High School Musical 3, the world must be told!
For the official Disney sneak preview check out:
http://disney.go.com/disneypictures/highschoolmusical3/
5 comments:
I want to be in your family! Is it worth paying acutal real dollars for or should we wait til DVD? I'm glad you had fun together. That's way cool that you won the tickets. I never win anything--oh, I did win 66.00 worth of men's clothes at a store in Conn. from a radio station. Dad got some cool new ties with the money and then we went to the pet store and he bought me my parakeet. So I guess technically I won my parakeet.
Sheila, What was that comment, random about a parakeet,,, hee hee
So, I still never saw the whole #2 high school show, and I'm sure I won't be dying to go take Bren with me to the theater... so i'll let you know if I like it in like 6months.
Yeah, you are going to get in trouble for bootlegging bro. So did the girls go to school Friday? or was it a holiday? lucky....
Oh they went to school because that was part of the deal. They said they weren't that tired until after school. You know bragging to all their friends that they had already seen the movie kept their adrenaline going.
Sheila, is the parakeet the famous "dicky bird". What a name. BTW, I would recommend seeing it at the theater. The dance numbers are big productions. I really liked the "Prom" dance sequence. I would think your family would be all over this movie with their musical theater backgroung.
Okay Keith, we may have to see this movie. Although, we haven't seen the other two .....
Post a Comment